Monday, March 17, 2008

FHTA Clinic

It seems that clinic season is upon us! This weekend I had the opportunity to participate in the Florida Horse Trial Association Eventing Clinic. It was a ton of fun and Reno and I learned a lot. It was a total of 8 hours of riding over the course of two days so we are both exhausted and taking the next two days off to recuperate! The pictures below are a few that Jesson was kind enough to come out and take while we were practicing the Cross Country phase of the clinic. At the end, there was a mini competition and Reno and I won 1st place in our group! I was very proud of Reno and the progress that we made as a team this weekend!

Turkish came along for the ride (and the chance to swim in the water jump after!)

We worked on our pace. The goal was 350 mpm (meters per minute). Reno and I got it just about spot on.

Taking a warm up fence.

Playing in the water jump.

Out of the water....

into the water.

Down the banks....

...up the banks.

Over a big coop at the end.

Close up picture of the same jump.

2 comments:

Happy said...

Wow, what cool pictures!!! The ones of you jumping (or of Reno jumping) are really neat. I just have to say again how cool it is that you are so into your hobby!

Kirsti said...

Wow! those pictures are awesome. I would be terrified to do what you do.