Sunday, February 22, 2009

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day this year started with Jesson surprising me with a beautiful bouquet of yellow Tulips and a very sweet card that said "I Love You".

That evening Jesson and I went to a cooking class with my parents. The class was a ton of fun and the food was amazing! Below are pictures of each of the courses.

We started with an oyster shooter. It was a single oyster in a cream sauce. I am not an oyster fan but I thought it was fantastic!
Next was a round of Camembert cheese that had been warmed and melted in the oven with sauteed wild mushrooms and walnuts on top. We ate that on top of a thinly sliced french bread.
Our first main dish was a pasta with a lobster cream sauce. Those are fresh chunks of lobster on top of the pasta, they just melted in your mouth!
Next was a thinly sliced, herb rubbed steak over a bed of arugula with a dressing of olive oil and lemon juice with fresh shaved parmesan cheese.
For dessert there was a chocolate cupcake with creme fraiche, a balsamic reduction, and fresh berries.
We all had a great time and will hopefully be going back for another class soon!

2 comments:

tessa said...

Wow, I hit the blogging jackpot. Hadn't been over here in awhile and what cool things you guys have been up to. I'm not a seafood fan but must admit it looks good when you guys make it!

Terri said...

I want some of that yummy yummy food! What a fun thing to do together.
aunt terri